Monday, December 12, 2016

HEY EVERYBODY.!



Hi All.!(Awkwardly laughing because no one knows about this blog yet)

I am Ashleigh E, I am an Atlanta native, and I am a Senior
Interior Designer Student at Gwinnett Technical College
(WhooHoo). I plan to transfer to Brenau University to obtain
my Masters in Interior Design :-).

The purpose for this blog is to help Interior Design Students like me. We honestly do not get the credit we deserve. People assume just because we make a space pretty, we do not work hard. Pulling fabrics, creating floorplans, learning AutoCAD/Revit, writing design concepts, specification for products, making design boards(OH GOSH those boards), and doing so much more. I get it and that's why I want to build a support system among us ID students and share knowledge, tips, questions and concerns.

Interior Design is a passion of mine which I realized two years ago. I originally was in college for film and I noticed that I wasn't doing anything with it or feeling passionate about film. Through prayer and serious meditation, BOOM! it hit me, INTERIOR DESIGN. I always repainted my room as a kid. YES, I was a 12 year old kid painting a full bedroom LOL and just the love for colors, decor, and making people happy through design, I was in! What I love the most about design is how you can make a space functional but also beautiful.

I love to experience EVERYTHING.! In addition to being a student, I also have two jobs: Sherwin-Williams Paint Company and I am a design assistant to an awesome designer who specializes in Interior Design and Home Staging. I love my jobs.!

Not to be so chatty (haha), I am here to help and here to make this blog as fun and successful as possible. TTYL

Render bedroom done in Roomstyler


8 comments :

  1. How cool!! This looks like it will be a great place for interior design students to support each other and help each other realize their goals!! Looking forward to watching this blog grow! Best of luck xxoo LuAnn Nigara A Well-Designed Business podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I'm so proud of you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super proud of you! Looking forward to following your journey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley.! I really appreciate the support

      Delete
  4. Hey love I just stop by to check out your blog and I love it. I'm so happy for you

    ReplyDelete