Sunday, July 30, 2017

BLACK INTERIOR DESIGNERS NETWORK CONFERENCE

Black Interior Designers Network! This weekend was fun and much needed! I was a volunteer and a spectator, which was such a great decision. Not only did I learn from the awesome panel but I meet some phenomenal men and women in the interior design industry. The Black Interior Designer Network Conference is a conference to acknowledge and award black interior designers of their hard work. Mixed with awards and education, this conference had so much to offer and it was very empowering!

Day 1: Kicking off at ADAC (Atlanta Design Art Center) the conference started off with inspirational speakers on a panel. I loved the advice that was given to me about how to find a designer mentor and how to reach out to them. Beth Diana Smith kept it real on how to stay true to yourself and your design. Awards were given out in the trendy Martin Nash Showroom to BIDN's "10 Emerging Designers to Watch". Designers like Beth Diana Smith, Keia McSwain, Nicole White, and Dominique Calhoun, just to name a few were awarded for there commitment and styling stamp on the interior design industry. It was a great night for cocktails and inspiration!

Martin Nash Showroom
Martin Nash Showroom


Martin Nash Showroom
Beth Diana Smith and I

Day 2: Round 2! The Conference was now at Americasmart in Downtown Atlanta. Starting with breakfast, designers and business professionals were able to eat good and chit chat. The conference started in the Designers Marketplace, were networking was underway! Throughout the day, different showrooms had contest to get people more involved; from a Mitchell Black Wallpaper contest to JDouglas's instagram competition. I love networking! I love talking to people and hearing their awesome stories. It was such a great day to hang out with other volunteers and cool designers. There was a segment by Monique Duarte on how to run a successful design business!(You know I talked to her LOL). Monique's portion was informative and detailed. There was so much knowledge in one place, it was great!

At Americasmart
At Americasmart

Designers Marketplace-Americasmart

JDouglas-Americasmart


JDouglas-Americasmart

Dining Chair-JDouglas


Gorgeous Stool-JDouglas


















After party: Party, party, party! Hosted at the September Gray Art Gallery by Michel Boyd, the conference shifted gears and was way more turn up (LOL). The art gallery was such a great place for this event. This party was filled with beautiful artwork from black artists, cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, DJ, and a good vibes from everyone. It is always good to catch up with people. I loved seeing other students from different schools and designers from past events I attended. My friends and I laughed, took pictures, and meet some cool people. I finally meet Gary with the Tea from Rickey Smiley Morning Show,totally hilarious guy. The after party was an awesome ending to a great conference.
Thank you Keia and Kimberly for letting me be apart of such a great event. Smooches!
September Gray Art Gallery
Michel Boyd and I



Me
Me

Kayla and I


1 comment :